Printing from the Window PC
Get a Samba account from the administrator, you must
logoff after using the Window PC.
It is now possible to print directly from the Window PC
to the printer. No more print to file, ftp, etc.
It may also be possible to access your home directory from
the Window PC (just drag and drop to copy/move files).
Those interested in this feature should
send an e-mail to the System Administrator.
- Setup your an initial samba password for this service (you will need me to do it for you).
- Login to the Window PC. The username and password
are posted on one of the walls.
- Open Network Neighbourhood, Phy_grad. Open grad07.
- Introduce your username (Linux login name) and the samba password set
- Close Network Neighbourhood.
- Now you should be able to use the printer. The name of
the printer is \\Grad07\glps.
- IMPORTANT! When you are finished, you have to logout. Go to Start /
Shutdown. Choose Close all programs and log on as a different user.
(In some computers: Go to Start. Choose Log off grads)
- If you skip the previous item, the next person to use the Window PC can print by
using your account !!!
- You can change your samba password at any time by logging in to the grad07 and
use the command:
v0.3 10/24/2000 Rui Sousa
v1.0 11/02/2002 Kim