This Friday we will host our first PGSA general body meeting at 4:30 in S240 after our daily teatime. Pizza and drinks will be provided.
All physics graduate students are invited to attend!
This meeting also serves as the kickoff of the year's Friday Afternoon Seminar, which will begin at 5:30, so stick around to hear about some research opportunities at Stony Brook.
PGSA Upperclassperson Member-at-Large
- Here is Our SBLife webpage. Please register as our SBLife membership count is how the GSO determines how much money to give us.
- Here our important documents are available.
- Here our Facebook page is available, please like us there to get updates on Facebook.
- Here is the GRAD TALKS thursday afternoon graduate seminar series webpage.
- Here Steven Segona's comprehensive exam resource webpage is available.
- Here our comprehensive exam and general study materials Github is available. Anyone can contribute to the repository, though the material will be checked before being added in.
- Here our general grad school and physics program information Wiki is available. Feel free to request a user account. We are keeping it private so that the information we share does not spread too widely, but anyone can get an account as long as they treat the wiki respectfully.
Last semester, it was suggested at the grad student town hall regarding the comps that we form a student organization with the purpose of planning events for the graduate students in the department and voicing concerns on our behalf, among other things, stated in the Constitution attached below. A group of us have undertaken the task of establishing such an entity and, as of April 25th, the Physics Graduate Student Association (PGSA) is a University Recognized Student Organization!
Our first election is done! Congratulations to the new officers!
- President: Cameron Clarke
- Vice President: Anya Gura
- Treasurer: Yue Wang
- Secretary: Julio Virrueta
- Historian: Sam Homiller
- Director of External Affairs: Bertus Jordaan
- Director of Marketing: Kevin Wood
- Director of Outreach: Charles Shugert
- Upperclassperson Member-at-Large: Nicholas Pomata
- Underclassperson Member-at-Large: Niveditha Ram
If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas, feel free to email either Deval Mehta, the inaugural President, or Cameron Clarke, the inaugural Vice President.
Physics Graduate Student Association
Board of Directors